Old Photograph Memorial Hall Oxton Scotland
Old photograph of the Memorial Hall in Oxton, Scottish Borders, Scotland. This Scottish village is located 25 miles south east of the centre of Edinburgh. Oxton War Memorial Hall was erected by public subscription in 1924 and dedicated to the Sacred Memory of those connected to the Parish who died in the First World War, the foundation stone was laid by Mrs W Sleigh, wife of the Lord Provost of Edinburgh in 1921.
Name on the memorial, include;
Bell, Thomas W
Blake, Adam P
Burrell, Adam P
All photographs are copyright of Sandy Stevenson, Tour Scotland, and may not be used without permission.
View the most recent Tour Scotland photographs.
Tour Scotland Winter travel video of waterfalls in Glencoe and Glen Etive on ancestry visit to the Highlands of Scotland . Early on the m...
Tour Scotland video of old photographs of Lenzie situated six miles from Glasgow , Scotland . Lenzie was built in the 19th century as a co...
Old photograph of children shops, houses and church on Barr Street in Ardrossan located in North Ayrshire , Scotland . Noted natives and pas...