Old Photograph Children Juniper Green Edinburgh Scotland
Old photograph of children in Juniper Green located South West of Edinburgh, Scotland. Juniper Green's earliest mention is in the Kirk records of Colinton in 1707. However it is largely called Curriemuirend up until the end of the 18th century. Traditionally, its major industries were paper and snuff set in the river valley of the Water of Leith. Only with the building of a railway station in 1874 did the village begin to prosper.
All photographs are copyright of Sandy Stevenson, Tour Scotland, and may not be used without permission.
View the most recent Tour Scotland photographs.
Posted by Sandy Stevenson