Tour Scotland Video Of Old Photographs Of Buchlyvie
Tour Scotland video of old photographs of Buchlyvie in Stirlingshire, Scotland. A village in Stirling district in central Scotland. It is situated 14 miles west of Stirling and 18 miles north of Glasgow. Lying within the Carse of Forth, to the north is Flanders Moss and to the south are the Campsie Fells. The village lies on the A811 road, which follows the line of an eighteenth century military road between Stirling and Balloch. Buchlyvie was granted Burgh of Barony status in 1672, and by the eighteenth century was served by two railway lines. Buchlyvie Junction formed the intersection of the Forth and Clyde Junction Railway, which linked Stirling and Balloch, and the Strathendrick and Aberfoyle Railway which ran north to Aberfoyle. The Forth and Clyde Junction Railway closed to passengers in 1934, with the line closing for good in 1950. Passenger services on the Strathendrick and Aberfoyle line closed in 1951 with the railway itself closing in 1959. Of interest to folks with ancestry, genealogy or Scottish Family Roots in Scotland who may wish to visit one day.
All photographs are copyright of Sandy Stevenson, Tour Scotland, and may not be used without permission.
View the most recent Tour Scotland photographs.
Posted by Sandy Stevenson