Tour Scotland Video Drive From Kingsbarns To The Harbour In St Andrews North East Fife
Tour Scotland video of a February drive from Kingsbarns to the harbour in St Andrews, Fife, Scotland. The name St Andrews derives from the town's claim to be the resting place of bones of the apostle Andrew. According to legend, St Regulus, or St Rule, brought the relics to Kilrymont, where a shrine was established for their safekeeping and veneration while Kilrymont was renamed in honour of the saint. This is the origin of a third name for the town Kilrule. The establishment of the present town began around 1140 by Bishop Robert possibly on the site of the ruined St Andrews Castle.
All photographs are copyright of Sandy Stevenson, Tour Scotland, and may not be used without permission.
View the most recent Tour Scotland photographs.
Posted by Sandy Stevenson