Old Photograph Tower House Ailsa Craig Scotland
Old photograph of people sitting below the Tower House on Ailsa Craig, an island in the outer Firth of Clyde, in South Ayrshire, Scotland. The ruined tower house, was built by Clan Hamilton to protect the area from King Felipe II of Spain in the 16th century. In the early 15th century Ailsa Craig was owned by the monks of Crossraguel Abbey, and was owned by the Kennedy family. The title Marquess of Ailsa was created for Archibald Kennedy, the 12th Earl of Cassillis, in 1831.
All photographs are copyright of Sandy Stevenson, Tour Scotland, and may not be used without permission.
View the most recent Tour Scotland photographs.
Tour Scotland Winter travel video of waterfalls in Glencoe and Glen Etive on ancestry visit to the Highlands of Scotland . Early on the m...
Tour Scotland video of old photographs of Lenzie situated six miles from Glasgow , Scotland . Lenzie was built in the 19th century as a co...
Old photograph of children shops, houses and church on Barr Street in Ardrossan located in North Ayrshire , Scotland . Noted natives and pas...