Old Photograph Cody V Biplane Lanark Scotland
Old photograph of the Cody V Biplane at the airshow in Lanark, Lanarkshire, Scotland. This Scottish town is located South East of Glasgow. The Cody V was a single engined biplane built by the British based American aviation pioneer Samuel Franklin Cody in 1912. It was built from the remains of two of Cody's earlier aircraft, and won the 1912 British Military Aeroplane Competition, with two aircraft being purchased for the Royal Flying Corps. It was abandoned after the mid air disintegration of one of the aircraft in April 1913. The Lanark Airshow was the first airshow in Scotland and it was particularly special in that it was also the second British International Airshow. It attracted competitors from all over the world including; America, Peru, France, Holland, Italy, Switzerland and of course Britain.
All photographs are copyright of Sandy Stevenson, Tour Scotland, and may not be used without permission.
View the most recent Tour Scotland photographs.
Posted by Sandy Stevenson