Scottish Borders, Scotland. Cocklaw formed part of the territory of Molle. A powerful castle once stood on this estate between two burns which descend from Cocklaw and Windgatehill. It was besiged by Henry Percy with the Earl of March immediately after the Battle of Hamildon in 1401. It belonged to the family of Gledstones before 1560.
All photographs are copyright of Sandy Stevenson, Tour Scotland, and may not be used without permission.
View the most recent Tour Scotland photographs.