Tour Scotland Video Old Photographs Spittalfield Perthshire
Tour Scotland video of old photographs of Spittalfield, Perthshire, Scotland. Spittalfield lies between Caputh and Meikleour, on the A984 road 6 miles east of Dunkeld. The A984 road begins on the northern side of Thomas Telford's Dunkeld Bridge. When originally classified in 1922, this route was given the B947 number. However, by 1932 the route had already been upgraded to be the A984 we see today, and the B947 number reused on a spur route into Blairgowrie. This was a planned weaving village with traditional Scottish cottages surrounding a village green built in 1776. In 1846 the village had 238 inhabitants, mostly weavers, hence the name Spittalfield. Sir John Muir Mackenzie, of Delvine, Baronet. was the principal heritor in the parish. Of interest to folks with ancestry, genealogy or Scottish Family Roots in Scotland who may wish to visit one day.
All photographs are copyright of Sandy Stevenson, Tour Scotland, and may not be used without permission.
View the most recent Tour Scotland photographs.
Tour Scotland Winter travel video of waterfalls in Glencoe and Glen Etive on ancestry visit to the Highlands of Scotland . Early on the m...
Tour Scotland video of old photographs of Lenzie situated six miles from Glasgow , Scotland . Lenzie was built in the 19th century as a co...
Old photograph of children shops, houses and church on Barr Street in Ardrossan located in North Ayrshire , Scotland . Noted natives and pas...