Tour Scotland Video Christmas Week Drive From The Street of Light To Princes Street Edinburgh Scotland
Tour Scotland Christmas week video of a drive from the Street of Light on West George Street to Princes Street in the city centre of Edinburgh, Scotland. George Street is located to the north of Princes Street and to the south of Queen Street. It connects St Andrew Square with Charlotte Square and takes its name from King George III. The street was first proposed in 1767, and was initially a residential area., but is now prestigious shopping district. Several prominent statues are located along the street, commemorating Thomas Chalmers, William Pitt the Younger,, King George IV and James Clerk Maxwell. Notable buildings on George Street include St Andrew's and St George's West Church, the Assembly Rooms, The Dome the headquarters of the Church of Scotland and Freemasons' Hall the headquarters of Scottish Freemasonry.
All photographs are copyright of Sandy Stevenson, Tour Scotland, and may not be used without permission.
View the most recent Tour Scotland photographs.
Posted by Sandy Stevenson