Tour Scotland Video Old Photographs Of Greenlaw Scottish Borders
Tour Scotland video of old photographs of Greenlaw, located in the foothills of the Lammermuir Hills on Blackadder Water at the junction of the A697 and the A6105 in the Scottish Borders of Scotland. Greenlaw was first made the county town of Berwickshire in 1596. Greenlaw's impressive town hall was completed in 1831. Thomas Gibson, born 8 January 1825, died 1901, was born in Greenlaw, he was an Ontario political figure. He represented Huron North in the Legislative Assembly of Ontario from 1871 to 1874 and Huron East from 1875 to 1898. Thomas was the son of Thomas Gibson, born 1751, died 1820, and his wife Helen Lunham. He was educated at the free church school in Greenlaw. He went to Canada West in 1854. He died in January 1901 and is buried in Wroxeter, Ontario. The township of Gibson, now part of the Township of Georgian Bay in the Muskoka District, was named after him. His nephew was the noted mathematician Prof George Alexander Gibson.
All photographs are copyright of Sandy Stevenson, Tour Scotland, and may not be used without permission.
View the most recent Tour Scotland photographs.
Posted by Sandy Stevenson