Sunday, 9 October 2016
Tour Scotland Video Saint Andrew Statue Botanic Garden St Andrews Fife
Tour Scotland video a statue of Saint Andrew at the entrance to the Botanic Garden on ancestry visit to St Andrews, Fife, Scotland. Several legends state that the relics of Andrew were brought by divine guidance from Constantinople to the place where the modern Scottish town of St Andrews stands today . One legend states that the relics of Andrew were brought by one Regulus to the Pictish king Óengus mac Fergusa. The sculpture was by Alexander Ritchie, born 1804, died 1870, made in 1850 for North British Mercantile and Insurance Company in Edinburgh. When their building was to be demolished, the statue was given to St. Andrews University in 1964.
All photographs are copyright of Sandy Stevenson, Tour Scotland, and may not be used without permission.
View the most recent Tour Scotland photographs.
Tour Scotland travel video of Winter snow just five days before Christmas in Glen Etive , near Glencoe , on ancestry visit to the Highland...
Tour Scotland video of old photographs of Lenzie situated six miles from Glasgow , Scotland . Lenzie was built in the 19th century as a co...
Old photograph of women walking on the sea wall at the harbour in Arbroath, Angus, Scotland . In 1394 the Abbot John Gedy and the monks of ...