Old Photograph Royal Air Force Servicemen St Salvator's Chapel St Andrews Fife Scotland

Old photograph of Royal Air Force servicemen marching outside St Salvator's Chapel on North Street on ancestry visit to St Andrews, Fife, Scotland. St Salvator's Chapel is one of two collegiate chapels belonging to the University of St Andrews, the other being St Leonard's Chapel. It was founded in 1450, by Bishop James Kennedy, built in the Late Gothic architectural style, and refurbished in the 1680s, 1860s and throughout the 20th century. It is currently the chapel of the United college as well as being the major university chapel.



All photographs are copyright of Sandy Stevenson, Tour Scotland, and may not be used without permission.

View the most recent Tour Scotland photographs.

No comments:

Featured post

Tour Scotland Winter Travel Video Waterfalls Glencoe And Glen Etive Highlands

Tour Scotland Winter travel video of waterfalls in Glencoe and Glen Etive on ancestry visit to the Highlands of Scotland . Early on the m...