Glasgow, Scotland. She was launched on May 5th, 1906 by A and J Inglis at Pointhouse, Glasgow. Placed on the Loch Goil and Arrochar service for the North British Railway. Requisitioned for mineweeping duty at Dover from 1915 as HMS Marmion II. Promenade deck extended to the bow. Returned to Clyde for 1920 season but her design changes had been unsatisfactory. Laid up after the 1920 season. The fore saloon was cut back to a point slightly in front of the bridge in 1923. Returned to service in 1926 as an all year round vessel. Reboilered in 1932. Requisitioned for war service. The Admiralty required the saloon to be extended once again. Stationed at Harwich and survived the Dunkirk evacuations. Sunk by enemy bombers at Harwich on the night of April 8th 1941. Raised and scrapped.
All photographs are copyright of Sandy Stevenson, Tour Scotland, and may not be used without permission.
View the most recent Tour Scotland photographs.