Kyle of Lochalsh, Isle of Skye, Scotland. Built in 1947, Loch Seaforth was the delayed second of two mail boats ordered in 1938; the first, MV Lochiel had entered service in 1939. Larger and faster than her predecessors, she rapidly became a success at Stornoway. Built for service from Stornoway, Outer Hebrides, Loch Seaforth started her career there on 6 December 1947, replacing SS Lochness. She spent most of her career on the service to Mallaig and Kyle of Lochalsh. Until 1956, she made a regular call at Applecross and from 1959 to 1963, also provided an occasional car ferry service to Armadale, Skye.
All photographs are copyright of Sandy Stevenson, Tour Scotland, and may not be used without permission.
View the most recent Tour Scotland photographs.