Scottish Borders of Scotland. In 1870, James Thin, who was a Scottish bookseller, purchased a plot of land in the village and had a house built which was completed in 1873 and was named Ashlea. Until going into administration in 2002, the James Thin book company was principal academic bookshop in Edinburgh, with its main premises near the University of Edinburgh in Infirmary Street. It also had branches in other cities, including Perth, Perthshire, and Dundee.
All photographs are copyright of Sandy Stevenson, Tour Scotland, and may not be used without permission.
View the most recent Tour Scotland photographs.