Glasgow, Scotland. Allan Glen's School was founded by the Allan Glen's Endowment Scholarship Trust on the death, in 1850, of Allan Glen, a successful Glasgow tradesman and businessman, " to give a good practical education and preparation for trades or businesses, to between forty to fifty boys, the sons of tradesmen or persons in the industrial classes of society ". The School was formally established in 1853 and located in the Townhead district of the city, on land which Glen had owned on the corner of North Hanover Street and Cathedral Street.
All photographs are copyright of Sandy Stevenson, Tour Scotland, and may not be used without permission.
View the most recent Tour Scotland photographs.