Tour Scotland Video Parish Church of St Fergus Glamis Angus
Tour Scotland video of the Parish Church of St Fergus on ancestry visit to Glamis village in Angus, Scotland. It is reputed that a church has stood on this site since the 8th century, when St Fergus established a small ecclesiastical structure. Records show that a church has existed here since at least 1242, when David de Bernham, Bishop of St Andrews Cathedral, dedicated the church at Glamis and granted it to Arbroath Abbey. The earlier church, being "old and in very bad condition", was demolished in 1790 and two years later the present church was opened.
All photographs are copyright of Sandy Stevenson, Tour Scotland, and may not be used without permission.
View the most recent Tour Scotland photographs.
Tour Scotland Winter travel video of waterfalls in Glencoe and Glen Etive on ancestry visit to the Highlands of Scotland . Early on the m...
Tour Scotland video of old photographs of Lenzie situated six miles from Glasgow , Scotland . Lenzie was built in the 19th century as a co...
Old photograph of children shops, houses and church on Barr Street in Ardrossan located in North Ayrshire , Scotland . Noted natives and pas...