Old Photograph Shop Alva Scotland

Old photograph of the William Cochrane, Newsagent shop in Alva, Clackmannanshire, Scotland. During the Industrial Revolution, Alva developed as a textile manufacturing centre, with the, originally water-powered, woollen mills providing employment for locals and migrant workers to the area. The Dalmore Works was built in 1874 for Wilson Brothers who produced textile products including tweed, woollen novelty fabrics and mohair and woollen rugs. The works were operated by Wilsons until 1964.



All photographs are copyright of Sandy Stevenson, Tour Scotland, and may not be used without permission.

View the most recent Tour Scotland photographs.

No comments:

Featured post

Tour Scotland Winter Travel Video Waterfalls Glencoe And Glen Etive Highlands

Tour Scotland Winter travel video of waterfalls in Glencoe and Glen Etive on ancestry visit to the Highlands of Scotland . Early on the m...