Old Photographs Railway Station Wick Caithness Scotland
Old photograph of the railway station in Wick, Caithness, Scotland. The station was built by the Sutherland and Caithness Railway, opening the line in 1874. On 1 July 1903, the station became the junction with the Wick and Lybster Light Railway. The last trains to Lybster ran in 1944, although the line was not officially closed until 1951. The station is now the terminus of the Far North Line, served by Abellio ScotRail services from Inverness in the Highlands.
All photographs are copyright of Sandy Stevenson, Tour Scotland, and may not be used without permission.
View the most recent Tour Scotland photographs.
Tour Scotland Winter travel video of waterfalls in Glencoe and Glen Etive on ancestry visit to the Highlands of Scotland . Early on the m...
Tour Scotland video of old photographs of Lenzie situated six miles from Glasgow , Scotland . Lenzie was built in the 19th century as a co...
Old photograph of children shops, houses and church on Barr Street in Ardrossan located in North Ayrshire , Scotland . Noted natives and pas...