Old Photograph Parish Church Wamphray Scotland

Old photograph of the Parish church and cemetery in Wamphray, Dumfries and Galloway, Scotland. Rectangular church by William McGowan 1834 with a slender bellcote. A carved medieval slab forms the lintel over the door. Notable 18th century headstones in the graveyard and a monument to the Reverend A H Charteris, Founder of The Woman's Guild and Moderator of the General Assembly in 1892.

All photographs are copyright of Sandy Stevenson, Tour Scotland, and may not be used without permission.

View the most recent Tour Scotland photographs.

No comments: