Old Photograph Drill Hall Southend Scotland

Old photograph of the Drill Hall, cottages and people in Southend, which is situated 8 miles South of, Campbeltown, Scotland. The village hall, now the Dunaverty Hall, was built as a drill hall in about 1913. In 1914 it was the base for " C " Company, 8th battalion, Argyll and Sutherland Highlanders. Records also show the existence of a drill hall in 1882 which was the base of " G " Company, 2nd Argyll Rifle Volunteers, from 1887 the 5th Volunteer Battalion, Argyll and Sutherland Highlanders.



All photographs are copyright of Sandy Stevenson, Tour Scotland, and may not be used without permission.

View the most recent Tour Scotland photographs.

No comments: