Moray, Scotland. The first church was erected on this site during the early part of the 13th century although, possibly as a result of a fire, this was extensively rebuilt and enlarged towards the end of that century. Severely damaged by the 'wolf of Badenoch' in 1390 when he burnt the cathedral, Elgin underwent a major period of reconstruction throughout the 15th and 16th centuries. It is one of the most beautiful ruins in Scotland.
All photographs are copyright of Sandy Stevenson, Tour Scotland, and may not be used without permission.
View the most recent Tour Scotland photographs.
Bestselling Books About Scotland
- Travel Deals
- Self Catering Holiday Cottage Deals Scotland
- Searching For Your Ancestors in Scotland
- Hotel Deals Scotland
- Self Catering Holiday Apartment Deals Scotland
- Search For The Best Flight And Hotel Deals In UK
- Searching For Your Ancestors In England
- Searching For Your Ancestors In Ireland