Aberdeenshire, Scotland. A Scottish village in the Kincardine and Mearns area of Aberdeenshire, formerly in Kincardineshire, Scotland. It is featured in Lewis Grassic Gibbon's novel, Sunset Song. The name is a derivation from the Gaelic for " Field of Flowers " possibly due to the growing of flax in bygone times. The village was known for its weavers, a distillery and the annual Paldie's Fair horse market.
All photographs are copyright of Sandy Stevenson, Tour Scotland, and may not be used without permission.
View the most recent Tour Scotland photographs.
Bestselling Books About Scotland
- Travel Deals
- Self Catering Holiday Cottage Deals Scotland
- Searching For Your Ancestors in Scotland
- Hotel Deals Scotland
- Self Catering Holiday Apartment Deals Scotland
- Search For The Best Flight And Hotel Deals In UK
- Searching For Your Ancestors In England
- Searching For Your Ancestors In Ireland