Bestselling Books About Scotland
- Travel Deals
- Self Catering Holiday Cottage Deals Scotland
- Searching For Your Ancestors in Scotland
- Hotel Deals Scotland
- Self Catering Holiday Apartment Deals Scotland
- Search For The Best Flight And Hotel Deals In UK
- Searching For Your Ancestors In England
- Searching For Your Ancestors In Ireland
Old Photograph Tram Airdrie Scotland
Old photograph of a Tram in Airdrie, Scotland.
All photographs are copyright of Sandy Stevenson, Tour Scotland, and may not be used without permission.
View the most recent Tour Scotland photographs.
Central Airdrie is well represented here with Stirling Street, Graham Street and South Bridge Street featured together with some interesting streets a bit further out. Airdrie FC in pre-administration days (who said a diamond is forever?) feature on two pages and railway buffs will enjoy the Shanks & McEwan pug. Amongst the areas on the outskirts of Airdrie that have been included are Rawyards, Clarkston and Drumgelloch. There are some great tram photos both in town and near the car terminus, and a wonderful picture of Airdrie's sewage works in 1935. My personal favourite is of the villa Arranview, designed by Alexander 'Greek' Thomson. Overall, Old Airdrie is a good mix of town centre and other subjects. .