Bestselling Books About Scotland
- Travel Deals
- Self Catering Holiday Cottage Deals Scotland
- Searching For Your Ancestors in Scotland
- Hotel Deals Scotland
- Self Catering Holiday Apartment Deals Scotland
- Search For The Best Flight And Hotel Deals In UK
- Searching For Your Ancestors In England
- Searching For Your Ancestors In Ireland
Old Photograph Govan Cross Glasgow Scotland
Old photograph of Govan Cross, Glasgow, Scotland.
All photographs are copyright of Sandy Stevenson, Tour Scotland, and may not be used without permission.
View the most recent Tour Scotland photographs.
Old Govan. Pictures of a flourishing Govan show it at the height of its industrial prosperity. Workmen pouring out of Fairfield's yard at the end of a shift, the Fairfield workers' train travelling along the tramlines of Govan Road, the Clyde ferries which acted as river buses serving the city centre, and cross-river ferries which carried passengers between Govan and Partick, are all featured. Children sail model boats in Elder Park or gaze at the llamas, while elsewhere a horse towing a cart stops for a drink at the Cross. Pictures of the Scottish Co-operative Society's giant Shieldhall works and local schools and businesses are featured too. Old Govan.